Chief Medical Officer
Job title: Chief Medical Officer
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD, open to remote work
Job type: Part-time position initially, transitioning to full-time
Reports to: CEO, COO
Remedy Plan is a cancer therapeutics start-up company developing a pipeline of exciting small molecule drugs that cause cancer cells to differentiate and exhibit potent activity against leukemias and several solid tumors. Our goal is to dramatically improve the lives of cancer patients. The company’s first lead drug will advance into a Phase I trial by late 2021; multiple drugs from our pipeline are expected to move into clinical development in the next 2-3 years.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and team-oriented Chief Medical Officer to join our team and lead our clinical program. We anticipate that this will be a part-time position that will transition into a full-time position as our pipeline grows. The CMO will be a key member of the senior management team, managing Remedy Plan’s clinical and operational development and providing key input into the overall strategic direction of the company. The CMO will represent Remedy Plan Therapeutics to partners, investors, and the media as the clinical voice to support the company’s growth. Remedy Plan Therapeutics is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland; however, we are willing to consider remote work for this position.
The main responsibilities of the Chief Medical Officer will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, lead, and execute the Clinical Plan for our first Phase I clinical trial
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to integrate clinical operations from both internal and external resources and aid in the development of documentation and submissions to regulatory agencies
- Manage analysis and interpretation of clinical data and reporting of clinical results
- Supervise clinical operations staff and provide clinical support to all members of the management team
- Lead engagement with academic thought leaders, investigators, and other clinical experts
- Leverage networks to promote Remedy Plan Therapeutics for partnership and pipeline opportunities
- Represent the company and its program to external audiences, including investors, medical, and regulatory stakeholders
- MD or MD/PhD with board certification and 10+ years relevant clinical experience in oncology
- Experience developing clinical plans and successful track record of approved IND for small molecule drugs
- Must have experience with small molecule drugs in early stage clinical trials and fluency with analytics
- Multiple years of management experience leading a clinical group including regulatory affairs and clinical operations
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, self-starter with an interest in working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere; experience with early stage venture-backed or high-growth companies a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and experience making data-driven, results-oriented decisions
- Strong verbal and written communication
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. On the subject line include "CMO, your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME".
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.