Lead Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Job location: Rockville, MD
Job type: Full-time position
Reports to: Director of Scientific Operations
Remedy Plan is a small cancer therapeutics start-up company focused on developing drugs that target cancer stem cells (see https://remedyplan.com/). We have identified a panel of drug candidates that disrupt the dangerous properties of cancer stem cells with the goal of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to lead our chemistry discovery efforts and manage the optimization program for our drug candidates at all stages, including delivery of clinical candidates.
- Provide Medicinal Chemistry support to drive SAR on novel chemical matter to advance Remedy Plan’s portfolio
- Establish and manage partnering with CROs for the synthesis of small molecule drug candidates and pharmacologic studies such as ADME, pharmacokinetics, and maximum tolerated dose.
- Assist in the monitoring of intellectual property positioning and preparation of patent applications.
- Collaborate with other Remedy Plan scientists in the design and execution of experiments for in vitro drug activity as well as in vivo models of cancer
- Coordinate the nomination, and transition of lead- drug candidates for advancement into clinical trials
- Participate in drafting research papers for scientific journals and conferences.
- Establish clear project goals, define effective strategies, and summarize/interpret analytical data for internal and external presentations.
- MD/PhD or PhD in chemistry or related discipline, with 2-7 years of experience in small molecule lead drug optimization
- Familiarity with structure-activity relationship analyses and success in delivering of candidates for clinical trials
- Demonstrated record of productivity evidenced by publications and/or patents.
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in fast paced work environments.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable learning new areas of science and management principles
- Broad and in-depth understanding of drug discovery, modern chemical biology, and medicinal chemistry.
- Experience in IND enabling studies for clinical trials or regulatory experience around Phase I clinical trial.
- Excitement for working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere. Readiness to work on management and business development areas as the company needs increase.
How to apply
Submit your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. On the subject line include "Medicinal Chemistry – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME".
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.