Job title: Research Technician I
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job type: Full-time position
Remedy Plan is a small cancer therapeutics start-up company focused on developing drugs that target cancer stem cells (see https://remedyplan.com/). We have identified a panel of drug candidates that disrupt the dangerous properties of cancer stem cells with the goal of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, curious and team-oriented individual to support our laboratory’s drug discovery efforts.
The main responsibilities of the Research Technician I will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform large scale in vitro cell culture and molecular biology experiments to characterize small molecules
- Conduct assay development, validation and execution, including data analysis
- Prepare compounds (small molecules drug candidates), manage compound inventory and shipping to external collaborators
- Support Remedy Plan scientists in the design and execution of new experimental studies
- Assist in the preparation of scientific material and drafting of research papers for scientific journals and/or conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or related discipline OR Master’s degree in biology, chemistry or related field with cell biology and cell culture experience
- 0-3 years of experience in a research or industry setting with hands-on experience making solutions, cell culture, molecular biology, and cell biology techniques
- Demonstration of good lab practices, with strong attention to detail and safety
- Demonstrated record of productivity evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in fast paced work environments
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excitement for working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere. Readiness to develop new skills as the company’s needs grow.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. On the subject line include "Research Technician – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME". Include in your message your availability/earliest starting date.
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.