Research Scientist I
Job title: Research Scientist I
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job type: Full-time position
Reports to: Vice President of Scientific Operations
Remedy Plan Therapeutics is a cancer therapeutics start-up company developing a pipeline of exciting 1st-in-class small molecule drugs that cause cancer cells to differentiate and exhibit potent activity against multiple cancer types. Our goal is to dramatically improve the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented scientist with a strong biochemistry background to join our Biology research group and have a hands-on role in our drug development efforts. This work will range from initial hit characterization, to mechanism of action studies, to patient responses during clinical trials.
The main responsibilities of the Research Scientist I will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Determine the mechanism of action for lead drug candidates
- Develop and perform assay optimization for target validation and lead optimization campaigns
- Independently design and execute experiments; report results to other team members
- Maintain understanding of novel technologies and scientific discoveries
- Collaborate in lab and equipment maintenance and order supplies
- Create, implement, and manage priority work plans and timelines
- Provide scientific assistance and/or guidance to other members of the team
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results
- Participate in drafting of communication materials for external distribution
- Establish clear project goals, define effective strategies, and summarize/interpret analytical data for internal and external presentations
- PhD or MD or MD/PhD in cancer biology, biochemistry or related discipline, with 5 -7 years research experience, preferably including 1 - 2 years industry experience in drug development
- Candidates must have hands-on experience in biochemistry (strongly preferred), cell culture, in vitro assay development and their applications in assessing molecular targets
- Demonstrated record of productivity evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in fast paced work environments
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excitement for working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere; readiness to develop management and business skills as the company’s needs grow
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. On the subject line include "Research Scientist – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME".
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.