Job title: Senior Scientist
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job type: Full-time position
Reports to: Vice President of Scientific Operations
Remedy Plan is a small cancer therapeutics start-up company focused on developing drugs that target cancer stem cells. We are developing a pipeline of drug candidates that disrupt the dangerous properties of cancer stem cells with the goal of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and team-oriented scientist to join our Biology research group to contribute to our drug development efforts at all stages, from initial hit characterization and mechanism of action studies to patient responses during clinical trials.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Scientist will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and execute studies, manage teams, integrate experiments, provide technical input across the company, and apply new technologies to advance multiple research programs
- Establish an evolving strategy of research projects to determine the mechanism of action for multiple drug candidates in preclinical and clinical development
- Propose strategies for and model the possibility of using targets and/or mechanisms into new indications
- Deliver projects goals on time and within budget, while also acting as manager and/or supervisor for Research Associates and Technicians as assigned
- Create, implement, and manage priority work plans and timelines for different workstreams and provide scientific assistance and/or guidance to others
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and results for all materials generated
- Provide project reports to management and participate in drafting and/or presentation of scientific findings to internal and external audiences
- PhD or MD or MD/PhD in cancer biology, biochemistry or related discipline, with 7-10 years research experience, preferably including 1-2 years industry experience in drug development
- Candidates must have hands-on experience in cell culture and in vitro assay techniques (protein-based assays, ELISA, qPCR, cell-based assays) and their applications in assessing molecular targets
- Bioinformatics experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated record of productivity evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in fast paced work environments
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excitement for working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere; readiness to develop management and business skills as the company’s needs grow
- Candidates with experience in IND enabling studies for clinical trials will be given priority
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. On the subject line include "Senior Scientist – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME".
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.