Executive Administrative and Office Assistant
Job title: Executive Administrative and Office Assistant
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job type: Full-time position (available immediately)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Remedy Plan is a cancer therapeutics company developing a pipeline of exciting small molecule drugs that cause cancer stem cells to differentiate and exhibit activity across multiple oncological malignancies. Our goal is to improve the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, innovative, and team-oriented individual to provide administrative support and help manage office operations. A portion of this work will require the Executive Administrative and Office Assistant to interact with external contractors and stakeholders as a representative of our company; thus, it is crucial applicants be organized, detail-oriented, and professional. A significant part of the responsibilities listed below will need to be completed in our Gaithersburg office during typical business hours; however, we are open to flexible or alternative work schedules.
The main responsibilities of the Executive Administrative and Office Assistant will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the leadership team and its direct reports with document preparation and record keeping, including preparation of regularly scheduled reports, development and proofing of presentations, printed materials, and mailing
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, as well as supporting the coordination of operational day-to-day activities for the leadership team
- Plan and book travel arrangements for all team members, including conference or event registration, transportation, lodging, file travel invoices, receipts, and reports
- Plan internal or external company events (e.g., company retreat or investor meetings), manage mailing lists and promotional materials
- Coordinate the documentation process for corporate due diligence
- Manage purchasing and coordinate repairs of office and laboratory equipment and supplies
- Facilitate the implementation of operational initiatives for all business units of the company
- Manage internal purchasing of office and laboratory items
- Create purchase orders and relevant paperwork for external studies, including tracking receipt of deliverables
- Work with finance team to support key processes such as accounts payables and budgeting
- Responsible for making sure monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports are produced on time
- Assist with managing employee recruitment, scheduling interviews, and onboarding new hires
- Help facilitate information exchange with external contractors managing human resources related activities
- Aid researching and implementing professional development opportunities for employees
- Lead submission and management of documentation necessary for corporate/business good standing
- Serve as liaison between leadership and legal with the preparation of legal documents and contract approvals
- Associate degree with 3 years of experience or high school diploma with at least 5 years of experience in an administrative setting
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excited and willingness to engage and cooperate with a diverse team
- Proficiency in MS Office tools and QuickBooks
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize work, be punctual and respond to quick turnaround requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience as administrative assistant to high level management, including the use of CRM systems
- Knowledge in biomedical research and/or life sciences operations
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry and/or Business Administration and/or 5+ years of experience in an administrative or technical role in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical organization
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to [email protected]. On the subject line include "Executive/Office Assistant – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME".
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Remedy Plan is a team of scientists and biotech entrepreneurs dedicated to tackling the biggest health problem of our time.